The Gauteng Provincial Legislature’s (GPL) Portfolio Committee on Roads and Transport encourages the public to engage and interface with the Committee on the Gautrain Management Agency Bill (GMA Amendment Bill).
The GMA Amendment Bill was published in the Gauteng Provincial Gazette No. 60, dated 15 March 2017 for public comments and general information.
The GMA Amendment Bill seeks to amend the Gautrain Management Agency Act 5 of 2006, so as to substitute certain definitions by amending the following aspects of the Act:
- Objects of the Gautrain Management Agency;
- Extending the scope of projects that the Agency may undertake;
- Amending the functions of the Agency;
- Providing for limitation of liability; and
- Providing for consequential amendments, and for matters connected with above amendments.
How to make a submission
To make your submissions and to request an interface with the Portfolio Committee on the Bill, contact Sthembiso Mthiyane on SMthiyane@gpl.gov.za or 011 498 5553/ 082 967 7518